About a year ago I published my first post. I don’t remember the exact day – lately my memory, among other things, is not what it used to be – but I know it was right before my birthday. Well, that day is upon us once again.
So I thought it would be a fun exercise, although a tired one and really unoriginal to be honest, to recap what has happened over the past year. In summary of course, or at least things I remember (we said that thing about my memory, right?).
- I have made new friends. Both in the physical and the virtual world. People I follow, people I look up to, and people I have fun with (or serious conversations for that matter).
- I enjoy my new job. The financial sector was definitely not where I thought I’d be when I was graduating college in 2013, and it can get frustrating at times. However, it is satisfying. And the people I work with are a joy!
- I have accepted a lot more about my life that I really cannot change. I am not a defeatist, but in accepting those things you learn to work around them.
- I have left things that hurt and frustrated behind me. Sort of.
- I am being healthier, or at least trying to be, after a long period of neglecting myself. I eat healthier than I used to, but in no way where I want to be. I exercise more, although not as much as I would like to (for various reasons, including that my strength and stamina are way down – see acceptance above).
- I don’t cook as much as I’d like, or used to for that matter, but I am back in the kitchen. Perhaps for simple things, but I am back.
- I am still a sarcastic and cynical sob to most people that don’t know me. But I do not care much. I am also funny and hysterical, borderline childish to other people, both that know me and don’t. I still don’t care much.
- I read a lot more than I used to. Literature that is. Not even close to what some bookworms would consider acceptable, but still a lot more by my standards (which are kind of low to be honest).
- I keep on with my archery. Not close to Olympic, or major competition standards, not by a long shot. But having so much fun at least three times a week.
- I spend at least one day a week without turning on the TV. My friends and family know that this is quite a feat.
- I keep publishing blog posts. Not many. Just 27 in a year (28 counting this post). But a good start, wouldn’t you say? I will try to be more active though.
- Most importantly, and in conclusion, I kept moving forward and I am happy!
Now, I am sure there are a lot more things I have forgotten about, and a lot more detail I could go into. But this is a blog post, not a book. So, let’s wrap this up. I am looking ahead to another good year. Perhaps a better year. I’m glad you were a part of my life over the past 12 months.
Now, I have to go prep for the three-day celebration of my birthday.
Featured image from pexels.com.